Get in touch
Address, phone, email
c/o Storrs Hall
T: 01539 447111
Directions by road
From the South
- Exit M6 at junction 36
- From this roundabout filter left onto the A590 (towards Kendal)
- Follow the A590 for approximately 7 miles
- At the roundabout take the first exit, signposted B5284 ‘Hawkshead via ferry’
- Continue along the road for about 6 miles, through the village of Crook and past the golf club
- At the T-junction with the A5074, turn left and then immediately right onto Longtail Hill
- When you get to the bottom of Longtail Hill you will reach aT-junction. Turn left onto the A592 (signposted Newby Bridge)
- After approximately 1.5 miles you will see Storrs Hall Hotel set back from the road on the right
- Storrs Lodges are situated on the road next to Storrs Hall Hotel.
From the North
- Exit M6 at junction 36 (signposted A590 Kendal)
- Then follow the same directions as ‘from the South’
The nearest railway station is Windermere, 5 miles from Storrs Lodges. This is serviced by a connecting train from the mainline station of Oxenholme, which is 13 miles from the Hotel. Local taxis are available at both stations.
Landing pad coordinates: N542021 and W0025610
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Ample car parking for the lodges.
- Unloading of the car(s) is to be done from the car park, and not in front of the lodges and this access to the lodges only by steps. One of the access paths is a covered (gravel) walk way and is lit.
- Assistance can be offered, please enquire at the hotel reception.
- The lodges offer no provisions for dogs.
- Registering and receiving a key takes place at the hotel reception.
The width of doors in the various lodges (including each front door) vary between 70 – 74 cm.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- Checking in for the lodges takes place at the hotel reception. One key per lodge is handed out.
- The hotel reception is open all day. The hotel is locked at night from 11pm till 7am, but a night porter can be reached by pressing the front door bell.
- Access to the reception area, from the main car park, is all level.
- The lodges can only be accessed from the car park(s), by using the steps. The covered walkway has a handrail and this walkway path is partially gravel.
- The entrance to each lodge is not level and a step has to be taken to enter the lodge.