Get in touch
Address, phone, email
T: 01539 447111
Directions by road
From the South
- Exit M6 at junction 36
- From this roundabout filter left onto the A590 (towards Kendal)
- Follow the A590 for approximately 7 miles
- At the roundabout take the first exit, signposted B5284 ‘Hawkshead via ferry’
- Continue along the road for about 6 miles, through the village of Crook and past the golf club
- At the T-junction with the A5074, turn left and then immediately right onto Longtail Hill
- When you get to the bottom of Longtail Hill you will reach aT-junction. Turn left onto the A592 (signposted Newby Bridge)
- After approximately 1.5 miles you will see Storrs Hall Hotel set back from the road on the right
- The road bends sharply to the left at this point, so please take care when making the right-hand turn into the Hotel driveway
From the North
- Exit M6 at junction 36 (signposted A590 Kendal)
- Then follow the same directions as ‘from the South’
The nearest railway station is Windermere, 5 miles from Storrs Hall. This is serviced by a connecting train from the mainline station of Oxenholme, which is 13 miles from the Hotel. Local taxis are available at both stations.
By helicopter (pre-booked only)
Landing pad coordinates: N542021 and W0025610
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- Checking in for the boathouse takes place at the hotel reception.
- The hotel reception is open all day. The hotel is locked at night from 11pm till 7am, but a night porter can be reached by pressing the front door bell.
- Access to the reception area, from the main car park, is all level.